Video ads on YouTube, Facebook and Instagram continue to rank among the best performing ads right now for ecommerce companies. The difference between a great video and an OK video is HUGE. To really scale on any of those platforms though, you have to know how to craft a video that converts.
Enter Andrew Eckblad.
Andrew Eckblad was killing it with online video before it was the cool thing to do. Andrew has spent the last 10 years serving as Frank Kern’s video guy. He’s also the Manager of Video Marketing and Production for Kartra. And he’s the founder of ConvertViews.com a collective of direct response video editors. His videos have directly grossed over $100 million in product sales.
Here’s a glimpse of what Andrew and I cover in this interview:
- Andrew’s simple but profound 2 keys to a video that sells
- Nuances to consider for videos that work on Facebook vs. Videos that work on YouTube
- How to apply the “do I care” test to your videos.
- The importance of pacing, transitions, and on-screen text
- Using the principles of a good headline to craft the perfect video opener
- How to use pattern interrupts
- How Andrew got the job working for Frank Kern
- The difference between videos for gurus vs. videos that sell ecommerce products.
- How to get people to take action
- Plus much more!
This is one of my favorite interviews of late. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did….then go out and create some killer videos!
Mentioned in this Episode:
2-Minute Crash Course on YouTube & TrueView Ads, with Brett Curry – Smart Marketer
How to Use YouTube to Scale eCommerce Ads – Smart Marketer
Convert Views – Expert online direct-response video marketing for Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, landing pages, VSLs, and more.
BOOM by Cindy Joseph