Whether you’re planning to sell your eCommerce business in 1 year or 3 years or never, the information in this podcast is pure eCommerce gold. Regardless of your exit plans, it’s important to know how to make your business more valuable now.
My guest for this episode is Joe Valley, Director of Brokerage Services at Quiet Light Brokerage. Joe is a seasoned eComm expert and a former business owner. As a broker of eCommerce businesses his perspective is unique and insightful. Here’s a look at what we discuss:
- What is my eComm business worth? Everyone wants to know this. Joe lays out some quick guidelines to keep in mind.
- The 4 Pillars of a sellable company. The beauty of these pillars is that they also will help you run a better business NOW!
- Biggest mistakes people make when they decide to sell?
- Biggest success story of someone who sold?
- Most important financial metrics to determine value?
- The story of profitability and why cash flow isn’t the whole story
- Trend analysis and how it impacts value
- How long does it take to sell an eCommerce business
- How does a company being on Amazon vs. not being on Amazon impact value?
- Plus more!
Mentioned in this Episode:
Quiet Light Brokerage
SDE – Sellers Discretionary Earnings – What Exactly is it?
How to Calculate The Value of Your Online Business
The Four Pillars That Make Up a Valuable Website
4 Ways to Increase Your Business’s Transferability To a New Owner
Learn the Top Tips & Tactics For Hiring VAs & Putting SOPs In Place To Manage Them
Connect with Guest: